Friday, April 13, 2007

My summer vacation

Ok, so not really "vacation", but I have figured out (i think, haha) what I'm doing when i get back to the States.

For those who live in the greater LA area, mark your calendars for the weekend of May 19-21! I'll be arriving in LA from Sydney a few days before that and staying till monday or tuesday. Dance classes and A-list parties are a requirement for this time period.

For those in the greater Chicagoland area, mark your calendars for May 23-28ish! I'll swinging through to trade clothes and pick up a car and there will be a Cubs game in there somewhere. (hopefully)

For those in the western PA area, after chicago, I'm off to lovely Woodward, Pennsylvania. Where is that, you ask? Well, it's in the absolute middle-of-nowhere-Amish country, about 25 minutes from State College. Why the hell am i playing with amish people this summer? I'm actually going to be playing with famous gymnast and action sports athletes! haha:) I'll be coaching gymnastics and helping orchestrate visiting teams, coaches, and athletes at Camp Woodward (aka, gymnastics and action sports mecca!) I was there a few years ago when i was working on Gravity Games and i really wanted to go back and get back into coaching. Plus, let's be honest, that lifestyle is perfect for me: high energy every day, active, and surrounded by athletes. I pulled some strings (yes, i'm good at that) to get in touch with the camp director, who assured me that i'll be involved in a lot more of the behind-the-scenes management and hospitality stuff associated with running the camp -- and not just coaching.

i better get to see everyone in all those areas this summer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

woodward?!?! you better stop by philly!!!!!